Monday 2 January 2012

Fine reid. I'll do your blog meme :P

Here we go.

Hidden Hypotheticals:
  1. If you had a donkey, what would you name it?
Ladies and Gentlemen. When introducing it, I could say "This is my ass, ladies and gentlemen"
  1. One day your doctor gives you an X-ray and discovers that your brain is actually the size of a peanut... would this have any effect on you?
That depends. By the size of a peanut, do you mean the actual size of the nut itself without the outer skin, or with the outer skin? Reid. You must be more precise with your blog memes. :P
  1. You are locked inside a metal cube with no way out. There is a locked door and the key is placed behind your eyeball. You are given a scalpel... will you gouge out your eyeball to retrieve the key, or will you wait five hours for the oxygen in the box to run out?
I. What? How did the key get there? If the key was somehow placed there, then if I did the same procedure in reverse then the key would end up in my hand or something right?
  1. A random stranger gives you a box with a button. Inside the box is one trillion dollars and the only way to access the money is to press the button. However, the button, when pressed, causes the world to end the day after you've died. What do you do?
Reid. Seriously. If one trillion dollars were to be placed in a box, the surface area that it would take up would make the box several times taller than I am, and by extension, the button would be unable to be pressed. Whilst It would be a very enjoyable experience to attain one trillion dollars AND to have the opportunity to ultimately end the world, this scenario is simply impossible.
  1. You find a dog that is worth close to one million dollars and sell it on ebay (dunno if that's legal) to some 8-year old girl (million dollars?) who is sure to love and care for it properly. However, before you send it through Australia Post, you see a 'Lost' sign with an image similar to the dog you sold, with a reward of half a million. However, the person who lost it is dodgy and does not look like he cares about the dog at all, also he refuses to give proof that the dog is actually his. Who do you give the dog to?
....Are you kidding me?
1. I receive 1 million dollars compared to the 5 hundred thousand dollars when I give the dog to the girl
2.The girl will actually give a shit about the dog unlike the other person
3.The other person doesn't even have proof that he/she is the original owner. Surely a reasonable owner of a pet has at least some record of purchase, or a picture or even a video with said pet.

Please restructure this question reid.
  1. Someone invents a way to record all your dreams that you have forgotten, however you are only allowed to watch it with your entire family watching along with you. Would you use this invention to view your dreams, knowing that all your most embarrassing and innermost thoughts may manifest themselves in your dreams?
Meh. By now they should know that I'm a pretty retarded person. Besides, If my forgotten dreams were really screwed up in some way, I'd love to get their reaction. Priceless. 

MEME ANSWERERS NOTES:
So far, your questions are either not specific enough, have one sided answers, simply make no sense or have easy solutions. The only questions that have actually caused me to pause for a moment to think are the first question and the last question. 

Rugged Randoms:
  1. Pick a number between 1 and 2 inclusive. It may not be a decimal.
2 is always better than 1.
  1. In your opinion, what is the single largest problem that the world as a whole faces?
Really really REALLY fucked up people in high positions.
  1. Do you have certain friends only for lack of options?
Don't even understand this question. Who on earth has friends only for lack of options? Fuck if you're that out of options then make some imaginary friends up. That's what I do.
  1. Everyone has a certain ratio of brains to effort needed in order to achieve. What would you say your ratio is?
I'm sorry, but wouldn't this ratio be a constant amongst humans? Everyone would need to have some level of intelligence to some level of input in terms of effort in order to achieve....therefore there wouldn't be an individual ratio. Extending upon this, the 'amount of brains' and 'amount of effort' are unquantifiable quantities, therefore making a set ratio impossible to implement. Even if one were to approach this question from a purely qualitative stance, 'amount of brains' and 'amount of effort' are two different concepts which are unable to be equated.
  1. Do you have a fake call application on your phone to get out of awkward conversations? If so, have you ever used it?
My phone does not have one of these applications. BUT, if I hypothetically did have a phone with one of these applications then I would most likely use it. If I wasn't the type of person to use an application to get out of an awkward moment, then I definitely wouldn't be the type of person to install such an application in the first place.

Sloppy question Reid. Sloppy.
  1. If you were to have a movie made about your life, which songs would you include in the soundtrack?
You make the false assumption that I would have a soundtrack. I'd probably make my movie a silent one, so taht only those who actually gave a shit about the move about my life would want to sit through it.

MEME ANSWERERS NOTES:
Unfortunately, this section was even more disappointing then the first. The second and last question stood out in this as the 'better ones', but apart from these the questions were poorly asked with an obvious answer.
Fancy Philosophicals:
  1. 'Prove to me that you are not figments of my imagination', says the solipsist. So prove it for them. How do you prove that the world as you know it is not a figment of your imagination?
I wouldn't. I'd start a debate with him about the concept of nihilism versus the concept of solipsism.
  1. Do you believe you have free will? Or is everything you do simply a pre-written reaction in your DNA to certain stimuli?
This is an actually interesting question. The first one of the blog meme. I feel like I should hold a party for you after having to sit through the other more easily answered questions. In response, I'd say that I have a combination of both. I can't always be in control of my 'will'. When the moment allows it, I'd prefer to say that I have free will, but in the event where my reaction needs to be instantaneous it would probably be a pre-written reaction in my dna to certain stimuli.
  1. Is the idea of customising babies before they are born a bad one? If you could ensure a baby is born without any genetic defects, but could also change their hair and eye colour, level of intelligence etc?
This would not be a good idea. Social standards dictate a set number of qualities that are deemed to be 'attractive'. The concept of genetic modification of a fetus would encourage a decrease in variation within a species (or in this case, within the human race) and would make the populace of Earth weaker to changes in the surrounding environment.
  1. You clone yourself one day with the clone having exactly the same memories as you. Can you prove to yourself that you are the original?
I don't particularly see a need to prove that I am the original. Knowing my nature, my clone would likely think himself to be the original, and I myself would think that I am the original. Eventually we'd probably agree to separate to two completely separate areas of the world and just stop all this nonsense about original and clone. 
  1. Is a positive attitude beneficial? Or is it lying to oneself about the nature of life?
Positive attitude is incredibly beneficial. Though it may create a facade concerning the nature of life, the alternative, a negative attitude, is much more detrimental. Stemming from a negative attitude is low self confidence and without self confidence, one cannot accomplish anything.
  1. What do you think would be the most useful wild animal to domesticate?
A Lion. I would ride on its back. I would call it rumble roar. And together, we would explore the figurative world of Pigfarts that I would conjure up around me, blissfully ignoring the qualms of the real world.

MEME ANSWERERS NOTES:
Just when I thought all hope was lost for this blog meme, this section provided a slight glimmer of light. Provided, some questions were easily answered, they were not as easily answered as those above this section. The other questions were much more challenging and could well be used in debates.

Interesting Inquiries:
  1. Do you think of yourself as having a great insight into how the human mind works? ie, do you think you understand other people's motives well?
I'm insightful into certain aspects of the human mind. On other aspects however I am hopelessly oblivious and incapable of interpreting even the simplest motives of others. Ms. Jubilees has great experience with this. Regardless, the aspects that I understand well are sufficient for me to predict what others may do successfully.
  1. How long does it take for someone to work off a bad first impression for you? How about ruining a good first impression?
I give a person a week or two to make an impression on me. If by the end of that time period, I still think that they are alright, I'd probably keep that impression of them. If by the end of that time period, I think that the person is a dick, I tell them that they are a dick. Simple.
  1. What is your favourite type of mollusc?
Scallops are quite nice. Oysters are nice as well. I say this not because of appearance or other trait. I say this because of their taste :D
  1. Do you have any type of phobia? (you have to name it too, not yes/no) If not, what is the most irrational phobia that someone you know has?
I am a slight germophobe.  I am incapable of sharing drinks/food that other people have taken a bite out of etc. It is just....unhygenic. Horrible. Ugh. The most irrational phobia? I have no idea. I don't exactly take note of other people's phobias. Just observe, forget, and move on.
  1. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
I'd leech the sale of my autobiography from another popular series at the time. In the current situation. Harry Potter and the ....
  1. If you were someone else, what would be the first impressions of yourself?
I don't understand. Who is the someone else?

MEME ANSWERERS NOTES:
You know? I was happy. I was happy that you were donig well in this last section. Most of the questions were nice and thought provoking. Then you decided to ruin everything with the last question. Frightfully lacking in specifics. Incredibly unimaginative and extremely disappointing. 

OVERALL:
If one were to graph my expectations for this graph from the time that I started it to the time that I finished it, the graph would look like a concave down parabola, intersecting the vertical axis at an infinitely high point. The vertex of the parabola would be somewhere around the end of the second section or the beginning of the third section. The end point of the parabola on the right side would be at around the point where the parabola intersected the vertical axis. Whilst this blog meme was...disappointing at times, it did manage to recover near the end, only to be killed by the last question.

GRADE: 
First section: D-
Second section: F+
Third Section: B-
Fourth Section: B+

Overall: C

Nice try reid. Nice try indeed.

2 comments:

  1. you are incredibly sarcastic. and yes. oblivious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shhh ive been criticised for the over sarcasticness of this already :P and even more of a SHHHHH on that second part. go and write ur legal notes/shojo manga blog entry/do my and reid's blog meme!!

    ReplyDelete