Wednesday 2 November 2011

STOP WORK :)

No, I don't mean stop work sillies - you definitely should be working, not reading. What I am referring to is the 2 hour stop work event that happened today. The timing of this could not have possibly been better. Because Mr. Woodhouse, being the lovely, considerate young mustache-less man that he is (in case my sarcasm was not obvious enough), decided that Ruse students in class 6 actually do 10 unit math with a side of 2 unit math, he decided to give us homework...homework which was indeed time consuming and annoyingly hard to do in the wee hours of 4am. Regardless, the stop work event meant extra sleep for everyone, which is awesome, awesome awesome!!

So today I turn up to school like a good boy (actually considered not going - but then the hours I spent on maths would have been rendered moot) and was rendered quizzical by the whole 'place late slip into cardboard box setup'. Connors just happened to be walking past, and so I directed a question towards her, to which she quickly responded 'I'm not talking to students before 10:50 (the time at which this event ended)'. Possibly the union had instructed teachers to disassociate themselves with students, fair enough - they don't want to show signs of weakness - but really? Not even bothering to answer a very simple, and very quick question? Besides I'm not even in any of her classes, nor do I elect to study the subject she teaches, so my question could not have been teaching-related. And then, maybe it was my paranoia...but I'm sure that Mckenzie (who had been talking with Connors) seemed to approve her actions after they walked away....

I dunno, I think that's probably following the words of the union a bit far - given that the question couldn't have been work related, and that the system was screwed up due to an error on their part...Meh. Maybe I'm just overreacting because I was the one who was barred XD

No comments:

Post a Comment